Journal of a Junkie...This blog tracks the random thoughts and feelings as well as my journey to sobriety...dealing with depression, anxiety and addiction. Sharing my story, hoping that it helps others dealing with the same disease(s).

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

90 & 90

When first beginning recovery it is recommended to the addict to help them stay on the straight, clean path of sobriety, to attend 90 meetings in 90 days. At first, this seemed to be a hell of a task. I didn't even want to go to a meeting, let alone 90 of them. But, once I began to go, I started to not feel so alone. I realized that there are a lot more others just like me. As it says in the Big Book, they may not have hit rock bottom as hard as me, and I may not have hit rock bottom as hard as them, but we have one thing in common, Powerless against alcohol and drugs.

28 days clean and sober and a few meetings in...Yesterday I missed a meeting because I showed up at the wrong time, and tonight I missed a meeting due to a family emergency...and I feel like I forgot my keys or something...You know that feeling where you walk around thinking you are forgetting something...Yeah, that's what I have been experiencing all night..Looks like I will have a busy week doubling up on my meetings to make up for my goal of 90 & 90.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment