Journal of a Junkie...This blog tracks the random thoughts and feelings as well as my journey to sobriety...dealing with depression, anxiety and addiction. Sharing my story, hoping that it helps others dealing with the same disease(s).

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Recovery and Beyond

Buzz Lightyears catch phrase, "to infinity and beyond"...Mine, has formulated into some morph  of Recovery and Beyond. I can understand why most (recovering) addicts get sucked into a life of 12 step meetings. Once you have "recovered" what else is left for them to do? 

I took a different path..a path filled with living. In doing that, I did open the door to the floods of pain that life and living bring...but I so do not regret the choices I have made since walking out of the 12 step rooms of so-called recovery.

I chose God and The Universe as my sponsors. I chose my children and close friends as my support group. I chose ME.  Things get difficult and can be a struggle at times, but when I come out on top at the end of it all, the feelings of confidence, strength, and love are so worth it all.

Things are not always going to work out the way we want them...but they do always work out the way God and the Universe intended them to. I am just along for the ride, but what a ride it is!  With all the twists and turns and loop-de-loops...you just gotta throw up when its over and get back in line!

CHERRIES & BERRIES BABY

No comments:

Post a Comment