Journal of a Junkie...This blog tracks the random thoughts and feelings as well as my journey to sobriety...dealing with depression, anxiety and addiction. Sharing my story, hoping that it helps others dealing with the same disease(s).

Monday, November 1, 2010

To Tell the Truth or Not To Tell the Truth...That is the Question

I created this blog in hopes of helping others to realize they are not alone, whether they are dealing with addiction, depression, anxiety, or any disorder for that matter. That someone out there like them has experienced the same struggle...Its comforting when we realize we are never really alone. So, I blog and I journal...I have shared and plan to share my innermost thoughts, feelings and struggles as well as my triumphs. Today, I celebrate more than thirty days of sobriety from alcohol and drugs.  I shared my blog with my friends in hopes they would understand why I have been acting "strange" over the past few months...Well, they understand...but some of them are no longer friends. One helped to get me fired, one said they couldnt ever be associated with a junkie...another always says she's too busy to talk "I'll call you tomorrow"...then my favorite, "call me when you celebrate one year of sobriety." The list doesn't end there...I've been deleted from friends lists, blocked from others, and the immediate send off right to voice mail when calling...

I know I messed up...I know people feel betrayed...I know that most of my "friends" have never been exposed to drugs and were raised to believe that people who do drugs are bad people who belong in jail...people who use drugs are the scum of the earth and are not worth the time of day God has given them...So, I understand the knee jerk reaction to push me out of their lives...but don't the good things I have done, the good person I was account for anything? 

I guess not...Once a Junkie, Always a Junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment